Author Topic: Change of Host  (Read 441 times)

Offline Budgie

• UK Weather Net Admin
  • Administrator
    • Lochaber Weather
Change of Host
« on: January 27, 2019, 04:26:16 PM »
It's been a while since anything was posted in here, mainly because I changed jobs and I haven't had the time to devote to the network like I used too.
I've tried to get new member applications added to the map as soon as I could, but most other things have taken a back seat.

I know the network hasn't been working as it should for a few years now and this is mainly due to my original host being bought out by another company. I was swapped to the new providers servers without any real issues, until the swap was complete. Then I started to notice things with the new service, like cronjobs (which trigger the scripts to get your data files) weren't supported unless you paid extra and moved to another server.
Ken True, has been supporting the data file downloads on his server for over a year, for both the UK & Scottish networks, to keep them running.

I've now found some time to get away from that host and I'm in the process of swapping all four of my websites to Krystal.
This weekend it was the turn of the UKWN to change and it's all up & running on the new server & host package, with a couple of exceptions. The main one being the data file trigger cron is still being worked on to get it running correctly.
The Joining form is also being re-written by Ken because the change from PHP5 to PHP7 broke the scripting.

As you may be able to see, I've updated the forum and change it to the default theme. I hope everything with the forum database is on here as I had a couple of issues with the transfer, but I think I've got there now and nothing seems to be missing.

I've also removed some out of date stuff from the website, like to the buoys page as none are reporting now.

If you notice anything that's not working then let me know and I'll see what I can do.

Cheers,
Martin   

Offline Budgie

• UK Weather Net Admin
  • Administrator
    • Lochaber Weather
Re: Change of Host
« Reply #1 on: February 02, 2019, 12:56:16 AM »
The UKWN is now running fully on Krystal Hosting.
Ken has kindly spent time getting the data fetching script working and created a Join form. These have all be tested and are running as expected. 

Now to start the process on the Scottish Weather Network!! :D

Offline conligwx

« Reply #2 on: February 08, 2019, 07:26:41 PM »
looks like my site is not reporting even though https://www.conligwx.org/realtime.txt exists.  Any reason for that?

Offline Budgie

• UK Weather Net Admin
  • Administrator
    • Lochaber Weather
« Reply #3 on: February 09, 2019, 01:18:43 AM »
Replied to both emails.

Offline Budgie

• UK Weather Net Admin
  • Administrator
    • Lochaber Weather
« Reply #4 on: February 11, 2019, 11:24:06 PM »
Ken managed to sort some of the stations not reporting data with updated network files.  :D