Author Topic: Hi from Ukwoody  (Read 4444 times)

Offline ukwoody

Hi from Ukwoody
« on: October 19, 2012, 07:04:27 PM »
Good evening,

Name is Mark, though nearly always known as Woody.  Been interested in the weather for a few years now, only for "fun" and pure interest.  I'm afraid I'm nowhere as experienced as the rest of you ;)
Started off with a lovely Wmr 928 but that died a couple of years back, so at the start of this year bought a Davies Vantage Vue, which for the money is a great piece of kit.

I live just outside of Milford Haven, in West Wales.  Just about as far west as you can get.  The weather is rather unique here with many "grey days", being created by the warm gulf stream that flows just off the coast.  However we also get some of the most stunning sunsets you can imagine.

Originally from Southampton, where we never really got snow, I was excited when I decided to move to Wales.  Little did I know the climate here in Milford is damn nearly identical to Southampton and we don't get snow here either, lol.

Anyway, hoefully this new forum will continue to grow and I'll get to know you all a bit better - this is a little smaller than one or two of the weather sites I know some of you frequent ;D

Oh, I'm still building my new site ( My old one was based around my old business which I had to close due to recession.) But please feel free to take a look, and Budgie I'll give you all the details later for the map. www.woodyspembs.org.uk

Kind regards
Woody

Offline Budgie

• UK Weather Net Admin
  • Administrator
    • Hebrides Weather
Re: Hi from Ukwoody
« Reply #1 on: October 19, 2012, 10:43:39 PM »
Hi Mark,

Another ex-Soton person then, that makes two of us!  ;D
I was brought up in Hedge End and lived in Netley until I moved to Scotland in the early 90's.

We don't have too many stations in Wales at the moment so one in Milford will be great.
My dad used to work at the refinery in Milford, back in the 70's, and we used to go up there during school holidays to a small farm near Broad Haven. Lovely area around there.

The network forums tend to be quieter than some of the others but it's handy for members to ask questions specific to the network or more local weather related stuff. It's also handy if all the station owners are registered as the forum has a bulk email facility which I can use for announcements etc.  ;)

When you've finished the website update, just full in the Join form on the main website and I'll get you added to the map.

Cheers,
Martin.

Offline ukwoody

Re: Hi from Ukwoody
« Reply #2 on: October 20, 2012, 11:45:03 AM »
Cheers Martin.  Know Hedge end well, though I originally came from Shirley.  If you came beck to Pembrokeshire, you'd be amazed at how little has changed.  Broad Haven has a bit, but it's our fav beach and we go there about once a week with the dog.
Small world isn't it!

Woody