General Category > Members Introductions

As the Site Admin I thought I'd better introduce myself.

Some of you will know me from other weather related forums but if you don't then not to worry.
I have been building & running websites for about 12 years and currently run and, as well as a couple of others. I'm also the Webmaster for the Tornado and Storm Research Organisation (TORRO).

I started into all things weather as an Auxillary Met Observer for the Met Office and it sort of grew from there.
I live in the Western Isles (Outer Hebrides) so we see some interesting weather up here, along with other things like the Aurora from time to time.

I think that's enough from me for now, so over to you.  ;)

Hi Martin and all others who read this.
I am Steve and I live in Cirencester in Gloucestershire.
I've been running and building up my little project  - for the past few months and am absolutely loving it, despite the numerous very late nights just trying to do the simplest thing with scripts.

I have been running Weather Display software, feeding the Wunderground and Weatherbug network for the past 5 years, but only got to starting a website 6 months ago.

On other forums I have heaped praise on those who created and developed the software and scripts without which I would not have a website, but if I did, it would be about tennis or something far less interesting.

Thanks for setting this up Martin and I look forward to lots of ideas and information sharing with other members as the come on board.
Best regards

Thanks Steve and welcome to the forum.

Your station went live on the map this evening and the data is now flowing.  ;D

[0] Message Index

Go to full version