Author Topic: Budgie  (Read 7067 times)

Offline Budgie

• UK Weather Net Admin
  • Administrator
    • Hebrides Weather
Budgie
« on: October 02, 2012, 12:01:17 AM »
As the Site Admin I thought I'd better introduce myself.

Some of you will know me from other weather related forums but if you don't then not to worry.
I have been building & running websites for about 12 years and currently run www.hebwx.co.uk and www.scottishweather.net, as well as a couple of others. I'm also the Webmaster for the Tornado and Storm Research Organisation (TORRO).

I started into all things weather as an Auxillary Met Observer for the Met Office and it sort of grew from there.
I live in the Western Isles (Outer Hebrides) so we see some interesting weather up here, along with other things like the Aurora from time to time.

I think that's enough from me for now, so over to you.  ;)

Martin.

Offline Cirencester

• Cirencester Weather
Re: Budgie
« Reply #1 on: October 12, 2012, 10:40:26 PM »
Hi Martin and all others who read this.
I am Steve and I live in Cirencester in Gloucestershire.
I've been running and building up my little project  - www.cirencester-weather.co.uk for the past few months and am absolutely loving it, despite the numerous very late nights just trying to do the simplest thing with scripts.

I have been running Weather Display software, feeding the Wunderground and Weatherbug network for the past 5 years, but only got to starting a website 6 months ago.

On other forums I have heaped praise on those who created and developed the software and scripts without which I would not have a website, but if I did, it would be about tennis or something far less interesting.

Thanks for setting this up Martin and I look forward to lots of ideas and information sharing with other members as the come on board.
Best regards
Steve

Offline Budgie

• UK Weather Net Admin
  • Administrator
    • Hebrides Weather
Re: Budgie
« Reply #2 on: October 12, 2012, 10:51:20 PM »
Thanks Steve and welcome to the forum.

Your station went live on the map this evening and the data is now flowing.  ;D