Author Topic: Hello from Richard  (Read 4866 times)

Offline Smallfield WX

Hello from Richard
« on: November 11, 2012, 04:26:57 PM »
Hello everyone. I run a very basic weather station here in Smallfield, Surrey. Before I retired, I was a radio engineer in a world famous Research and Development facility here in Surrey.

I've always had an interest in weather, and my W-8681 automatic station and Cumulus (r) software seems to do a good job reporting it. I try to keep the system reasonably well calibrated by double checking against the Met Office data from Charlwood, which is just a few miles away.

I think the worst errors are due to direct sunlight falling on the equipment - temperatures are wildly out then. I have plans to do something about that one day.

I have tried to incorporate the links to the UKWX pages etc, but so far no joy. Unfortunately the instructions do not seem to work for me. So if anybody fancies helping me out with that, I should be most grateful.

Regards,

Richard.

Offline Budgie

• UK Weather Net Admin
  • Administrator
    • Hebrides Weather
Re: Hello from Richard
« Reply #1 on: November 11, 2012, 08:28:02 PM »
Hi Richard and welcome to the forum.

Solar radiation (heating) is a problem but there are some relatively cheap options out there.
This is one: http://www.weather-watch.com/smf/index.php/topic,23736.0.html
Or something like this Davis Radiation Shield (it's cheaper to get it from the U.S than to buy in the UK  ;) ).

As for the issues with adding the map; you may be better speaking to someone on the Cumulus Forum and ask how to add a new page, unless someone on here using Cumulus can help.

Offline ukwoody

Re: Hello from Richard
« Reply #2 on: November 17, 2012, 04:14:49 PM »
Hi Richard, welcome along :D

Woody